The Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICT Unit) is a technical implementing unit that has the task of carrying out the development, management, and delivery of information and communication technology services and management of information systems at the Semarang State Polytechnic (Politeknik Negeri Semarang, Polines). The ICT Unit is led by a Head who is responsible, appointed, and dismissed by the Director. In carrying out their duties, the ICT Unit is in coordination with the Deputy Director of General Affairs and Finance of Polines.
In general, the existence of ICT Unit is intended to support the performance of Directors related to the development and management of Information and Communication Technology in the implementation of Polines services, both academic and administrative services.
Main Tasks and Functions of the ICT Unit
The main tasks of the ICT Unit are listed in the Regulation of Minister of Education and Culture (Permendikbud) of the Republic of Indonesia no. 71 of 2014 concerning the Organization and Work Procedure of Semarang State Polytechnic article 46 which is to carry out the development, management, and delivery of information and communication technology services and management of information systems in the State Polytechnic Semarang (Polines).
In Article 47 Permendikbud no. 71 of 2014 it is explained that ICT Unit carries out functions:
- preparation of plans, programs and budgets of the unit,
- implementation of network development and Polines website,
- implementation of data collection and programming,
- implementation of multimedia development and management,
- implementation of maintenance of hardware and software information and communication technology,
- providing information and communication technology services to students, and
- implementation of the unit administrative affairs